The culmination of Science Week was the Science Fair held on Friday night where each of the students got to display their science projects and have them voted on by the school faculty (and I'm pretty sure several science, physics, and chemistry professors from Harvard and MIT who were in town). Much to everyone's surprize, the winner was not srivinathi - the intel genius' daughter, nor was it Jonny Pack Lee the nuclear physicist’s son. The Second place winner was - Porter McKeehan and in First place - Megan McKeehan, son and daughter of the great B average scholar, Sean McKeehan!!
Megan's first place project was on the power of magnets - do they intesify or lose their luster under extreme heat or cold? You'll have to call Megan to find the results!!
Porter's experiment was on soda pop - what does it do to the inside of your stomach? Porter inserted a nail in a bottle of Coke, another in a bottle of Diet Coke, and a third in a bottle of water. He then Put a piece of raw chicken into a bottle of Coke. Can you guess which nail was eaten away the most after just three days? Can you guess what color the chicken was after two days or what color the chicken-exposed Coke turned? Sorry but to find the answers you are going to have to call Porter!!
Porter was estatic that he won second place - right up until they announced his sister in first place - then the tears started welling up in his eyes. It wasn't until several of his friends came over an congratulated him and wanted to see his cool second-place ribbon that he decided it was ok to come in second to his sister!
2 comments:
Congrats to both Porter and Megan! I would love to hear about their results!
How did I miss all these posts?!? And such great ones too! Way to go Megan and porter! Sean, you crack me up! :) And I seriously am interested in Porter's experiement. I just might have to give him a call! But then I suppose i would need to inquire about magnets too.. and that just doesn't interest Tiffany Mckeehan, C average scholar, so much! ;)
Post a Comment