This weekend, amid the 36 other things we've had going on was the Five Oaks Ward Father-Son Campout! Jack went for only his second appearance and Porter came along for the 4th year in a row. The one memory I have of camping with my father is the bucket of KFC on the first night! I wanted to try that tradition with my kids - but they have only tried KFC once and cried through the experience. So we continued on with our tradidtion of Happy Meals on the way up to the campsite.
On the way up to the campsite Jack asked me if his good buddy who recently moved to Utah, Jack Wadsworth, was going to be there like he was last time we went camping. I let him down with one of the two-dozen Krispe Kreme donuts we took with us - another family tradition. :-)
I'm the king of the world!
Look dad - we found the Tree of Life!
Jack and his buddy Tyler Alexander...
Send us back your caption of what Porter is saying here. There will be a prize for the best entry!
We went on a nature hike through the forest, roasted giant marshmallows, and shared our donuts with the other campers. In the morning we got dressed, had some pancakes and then came home for Porter's baseball game. Did you know the sun comes up at 5 am - even on Saturdays?!
2 comments:
I wish we could have been there. Good memories on those camps. It looks like our ward here in SLC doesn't do these types of things. Pretty disappointing.
Jack is growing up so fast!
Post a Comment