Sunday, June 12, 2011

U2

So a few weeks ago I had to do some work in Denver, and it happened to be the same week U2 was playing. So I checked with Entercom Denver and they hooked me up with two tickets for the show!! It turned out to be the same weekend as Candace's piano recital for all of her students, so she being the totally awesome wife that she is said, "Just call one of your buddies and see if they want to go with you." So I called my buddy with the most air miles of anyone on the planet that just happens to work for himself (I knew he could get the day off). Andy Thompson flew out and togeher we saw U2 live in Mile High Stadium with 85,000 other people! Does that make me a member of the Mile High Club??!!

 Oh yeah - their opening band was a local Denver band - The Fray!!
 They had a totally eloborate stage made up as part of their 360 tour! There was a giant 360 degree screen around the stage. We were standing about 20 rows back from the front of the stage!
It was a great show and we had a blast finding our way around and rockingout at the show. U2 put on a killer show with hits from all of their albums over tha past 3-4 decades, and kept rocking until close to Midnight. We didn't get back to the hotel until after 1:30 am. I had an early flight out (8 am) and made it back for the 11:30 am church meeting!

I would show you a video here but cannot upload the video without crashing the site... :-(

1 comment:

Tiffany W. said...

REALLY?! ANDY???!? I think I would have been a much better U2 companion!! ;)-

I have always wanted to go. They came to SLC when we were poor college students and I begged Seth to go, but the $60 tickets were just more than we could afford! He promised me we would go see U2 at a later point in life. Here we are 12 years later... and I'm STILL waiting!! Hook a sister up!!