Porter lost his first tooth on February 23! (I know this is old news, but I'm trying to do a little catching up with this blog!) He got 4 quarters from the toothfairy. He says getting 4 quarters is better than getting a dollar bill because it's easier to split up. Porter has been wanting to buy gumballs out of a machine for months and now he had the capital. So I took him to Fred Meyer to spend his quarters. The first gumball to come out was pink....I was waiting for him to be dissapointed, but he wasn't. He got a smile on his face and said, "Megan likes pink, I'll save this one for her." Then the next two gumballs he said were for Dad and me, the last one was for him. My eyes got a little misty! My kids aren't always so nice to each other so it's always wonderful to see little glimpses of love.
Side note - My kids do earn allowance by doing chores each week so normally Porter would have money to buy a gumball or two, but early in January he broke our less-than-a-year-old 46 inch LCD TV downstairs with the Wii remote (just wait 'til you see that blog) and is now saving every penny he earns to help pay for a new one. He can only earn up to $3/week so we're only making him pay $30. Good deal if you ask us!
2 comments:
Porter is a sweetheart! What a touching story! I love how he loves 4 quarters instead of a dollar bill. As I tell Hayli, "Nice sharing!" WAY TO GO PORTER!
Uh oh! $30 is a STEAL if you ask me! ;) But that is so sweet of Porter to think of his family like that. Connor never would! :) Eli is our thoughtful one...when he gets treats for going potty during the day while Connor is away at school... he will save half of them all day long and bring them in the car to give to his brother first thing when he gets home from school. it melts my heart!
Post a Comment