The kids loved learning how they made the donuts. The tour lasted almost 30 minutes and Alex (the owner) kept the kids captivated the whole time. At the end they each got to choose their favorite donut to eat. Krispy Kreme's is the Best!
I didn't get to hear everything Alex was saying because I was chasing Jack around the store during the tour, but here are some fun facts about Krispy Kreme.... They use on average 30 50-pound bags of sugar each day (that's not including the amount of powdered sugar they use in the frosting)....They can make 289 dozen donuts per hour....They make between 14,000-20,000 donuts on busy days. Again, remember this is coming from the mouths of 5-8 year olds so some figures may be a little off, but who knows maybe they do know what they're talking about!
2 comments:
Looks like the kids had fun. I am so happy that KK was able to take the kids in and do a tour! That is so nice! Looks like Jack got in on the fun too!
so were these pictures taken last summer then?
Post a Comment